Technical Support Specialist - French Speaking
Are you an experienced scientist looking for an opportunity to join an exciting company in the food safety sector?
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist - French Speaking to join a leading food safety company based in the Ayrshire area. As the Technical Support Specialist - French Speaking you will be the product specialist for all of the company's current and future Food Safety diagnostic products, supporting both chemistry and microbiology laboratories. This role will support the direct sales team in French speaking territories within EMEA, and a up to 50% of time will be spent travelling to support customers and sales teams throughout these territories.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Support Specialist - French Speaking will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintain safe and well-equipped microbiology and chemistry laboratories for clients that can be used to perform product troubleshooting, training and small scale studies.
2. Liaise closely with the company's sales and distribution staff; this will include arranging and performing product training sessions, performing technical presentations at industry events and accompanying sales staff to customer sites and trade shows.
3. Liaise closely with current and potential customers; this will include performing application studies for potential customers to demonstrate how the company's systems perform with their product, responding to technical enquiries and complaints, performing installation and training for certain systems at customer sites and performing calibration and preventative maintenance of installed equipment where necessary.
4. Work closely with the sales, marketing and product management teams to address areas where the current product line-up is lacking to identify opportunities to expand the range, or modify the product so that it is fit for purpose. Help develop innovative ways to support the product line-up and regularly assess whether any validations are necessary in the product line-up.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Support Specialist - French Speaking we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A working knowledge and practical experience with laboratory equipment and techniques used for the chemical and microbial analysis of food samples.
2. The ability to speak French is essential for this role. German or any other language would be an advantage.
3. Proven industry experience working in a field based role would be beneficial.
Key Words: Chemistry | Microbiology | Food Safety | Technical Support | French | Field-based
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.