Pre-Clinical Formulation Scientist
Quay Pharma are expanding their capabilities and have created a Pre-clinical Formulation Service. This service offers rapid high throughput development of pre-clinical formulations and characterisation of these formulations to select lead candidates for pre-clinical testing. As part of this expansion, Quay are recruiting a pre-clinical scientist to lead the formulation and testing of client’s new API’s. The person should ideally be educated to a Master’s or Ph.D. level with experience in both formulation science and analytical chemistry. They should be able to work independently, in a logical methodical manner to produce high quality, accurate data. As this is a new service offering then there will be opportunities to contribute innovative ideas to develop the platform further. Previous experience within a GxP industrial setting is desirable. Similarly experience of client interactions and managing time effectively against business priorities would be an advantage. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- To work closely with the Head of Pre-Clinical Services carrying out study critical laboratory tasks, ensuring projects are delivered to both a high quality and scientific standard.
- To support Business Development in the generation of budgets and quotations.
- To produce protocols, in line with standard departmental working practices.
- To produce high quality, but concise reports in line with standard working practices.
- To maintain accurate data and experimental records.
- To produce COSHH and Risk Assessments, in line with SOP’s.
- To comply with the health and safety requirements of the site
- To perform problem solving/trouble-shooting as required.
- To present a weekly update during departmental meeting.
- To participate in client meetings (on site and TCs).
- To participate in Continuous Professional Development activities to further progress scientific knowledge, for example, by attending relevant symposia/conference meetings and to disseminate this information to other members of the Pre-clinical team.
- To produce material for use in marketing, scientific papers and posters for presentations at scientific meetings.
- To perform other duties in a pre-clinical technical capacity as required by the business.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, reflecting company and business values
- Ability to work independently in a logical, methodical manner
- Excellent attention to detail required to produce high quality, accurate data.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Good interpersonal and teamworking skills required
- Able to contribute innovative ideas to the pre-clinical technology platform.
- Experience in both formulation science and analytical chemistry required.
- Experience of a GxP service-providing laboratory desirable, but not essential
- Ability to manage own time effectively against business priorities.
- Ideally educated to Masters or PhD level.
- Flexibility to work out of hours when required