Are you an experienced in vitro scientist looking for a new exciting job opportunity?
We are currently looking for an in vitro technician and scientist to join a leading company based in the Dundee area.
As part of the in vitro toxicology / pharmacology team, the main focus of your role will be to provide basic and routine support to the dermal platform, focussing initially on GLP dermal penetration studies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the in vitro technician or scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will support the activities of the in vitro dermal platform by carrying out study critical tasks (e.g. dermal penetration assays). These tasks will initially be under supervision, but following training, you will be expected to run performs on these tasks autonomously.
2. You will be required to maintain designated equipment including dermal penetration rigs, tissue culture facilities and liquid scintillation equipment as well as prepare buffers, reagents and solutions
3. As the technician, you are also responsible for the stock management and ordering responsibilities for dermal laboratory specific supplies including plastic ware, media and specific reagents. As the scientist, you are required to work closely with the technicians to ensure good communication throughout the team.
4. Additionally, as the in vitro technician or scientist, you will also need to carry out daily tasks such as balance calibration required for a GLP compliant site.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Dermal Scientist I we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a biological area or equivalent.
2. Proven in vitro laboratory and cell culture experience is essential.
3. Experience working in a GLP regulated laboratory is essential.
Key Words: in vitro | toxicology | pharmacology | dermal | drug design and development | GLP | pharmaceutical | cell culture
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.