Business Development Director - Pharma
We are currently looking for a Business Development Director to join State-of-the-Art Contract Manufacturing Organisation focusing on the innovation and manufacturing of Small Molecule Pharmaceuticals. This role is home based in Scotland and will be responsible for developing and leading the commercial function of the organisation to ensure its success, through the development of pharmaceutical partnerships and securing funding.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Business Development Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Create and implement a commercial strategy, targeting and partnering with small, mid and large pharmaceutical organisations to achieve revenue targets. Also create a strategy for the Contract Manufacturing capabilities.
2. Identify, develop and submit compelling funding bids to maintain a suitable sales pipeline.
3. Communicate our clients value proposition to the pharmaceutical market, ensuring that the offerings are in line with clients needs.
4. Build and coach a team of successful Business Development Managers. You must also work closely with colleagues across R&D and project management.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Business Development Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science related subject such as Life Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or Pharmacology.
2. Proven successful Business Development experience within a Contract Manufacturing Organisation (CMO), Contract Research Organisation (CRO), or government / academic organisation, preferably focussing on small molecule manufacturing services
3. A working knowledge and practical experience identifying and securing funding and establishing pharmaceutical collaborations / partners.
Key Words: Business development / Sales / Strategy / Commercial / Pharmaceutical / CMO / CRO / Contract Manufacturing / Contract Manufacturing Organisation / Small Molecule / Find Chemical / Large Molecule / Scotland / Edinburgh / Glasgow / Home Based / Travel / Collaboration
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.