Senior Chemist (Physical Sciences - Crystallisation)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB4552
Business Unit: Sciences
Open To: Internal and external candidates may apply
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people - your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Physical Sciences team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for the development of fit-for-purpose crystallisation procedures on behalf of external clients or in support of Almac Sciences chemistry projects.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an chemistry related discipline
- Previous experience within industry (i.e. pharmaceuticals/fine chemistry)
- Perform and interpret DSC, TGA, XRPD, DVS, NMR, microscopy data and suggest/discuss the needs for further analytical data with line manager as required.
- Develop crystallisation development process from lab scale to Plant scale with minimal supervision to ensure a robust manufacture
Desirable Criteria(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- PhD qualification (or equivalent) in an Analytical or Physical Chemistry related discipline
- Carry out solid state screening projects e.g. salt/ polymorph/ cocrystal/ amorphous screens, with minimal supervision in order to select best solid form for development
Additional essential and desirable criteria are outlined in the job description and person specification attached to the online job posting.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
14th January 2019 at 17.00 hours