Scientist 1 – Wet Chemistry
Scientist 1 – Wet Chemistry
Req #: 1813470
Location: Reading, England UK
Job Category: Research, Development & Quality
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors.
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
Purpose of the role:
This role is working an early pattern 6am to 2pm.
The role at Scientist I is to be responsible for performing a range of routine and investigative analyses ensuring that projects are completed effectively and meet the customer’s contractual agreements. Perform chemical analysis and report work in accordance with the quality standards. This role focuses on the analysis of products using wet chemistry techniques. Supervise and train junior members of the team as required. Occasional client contact and administrative support for laboratory management is also required.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine analysis using wet chemistry techniques under minimal supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Perform transcription checking for factual data (e.g. reagents).
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse and OpenLab.
- Provide training in routine activities and methods.
- Take responsibility as required for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication and Influence:
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- Participate in the preparation of client quotes.
- Deliver internal presentations across groups.
Leadership and Supervision:
- Supervise and train a junior member of the team as required.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments, and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- To maintain a clean, tidy, and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
- Educated to Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Accountable, honest, hardworking, and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and quick to learn.
- Able to organise own work to maximise output.
- Well organized and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Scientific understanding and ability to conduct chemical analysis in relevant area under supervision.
- English fluency (written and spoken).
- Good understanding of basic/HPLC lab equipment.
- Practical experience in HPLC and wet chemistry techniques.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107