ICP-MS Scientist – Metals Laboratory
ICP-MS Scientist – Metals Laboratory
Req #: 1806223
Location: Reading, England UK
Job Category: Research, Development & Quality
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Metals laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation and we have a fantastic opportunity for a Scientist to join the team.
This is an exciting role to join a successful area in RSSL as Scientist II - ICP-MS where you will undertake a practical role with possible supervisory responsibilities within the Metals laboratory. You'll focus on routine and investigative analyses of products and method development and validations using techniques such as as Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES) and Atomic Absoption Spectroscopy (AAS). You will supervise and train junior members of the team and will engage with clients on project outcomes.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine and investigative analysis using ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS independenty and provide interpretation of results as required.
- Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of designated instrument(s) including checking and approving supplier’s reports (qualifications, repairs and preventative reports).
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence:
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- To liase with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stakeholders meetings as required.
- Deliver presentations to technical stakeholders and clients as required.
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects.
- Leadership and supervision
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff.
- Train junior members of the team in routine methods.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assesments and COSHH.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
Qualifications and Candidate Requirements:
- Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- Educated to Degree or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Good understanding of spectroscopy lab equipment
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis in relevant area.
- Skills/Leadership Competencies
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements. Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently. Meticulous attention to detail
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with client’s and colleagues
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Able to organise own work and others to maximise output
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications
- Experience of working with ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- English fluency (written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107