R&D Chemistry Intern - RSC Funded Internship
Job Title: R&D Chemistry Intern
Location: Skipping Rocks Lab, London
Internship Length: 3 Months
Internship Start: January 2018
Suited Qualification: BSc degree Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Food Science, Green/ sustainable Chemistry/ Engineering.
Contact: Gerald Donnelly - email@example.com
Dead line for submission: 30th November 2018
Skipping Rocks Lab is an innovative sustainable packaging start-up based in London. We are pioneering the use of natural materials extracted from plants and seaweed to create packaging with low environmental impact. It is our goal to crate waste free alternatives to plastic bottles/ cups/ plates/ etc.
- Product development for edible and biodegradable packaging for a wide range of uses
- Generating, exploring and researching new leads to improve water permeability, robustness and shelf-life.
- Liaising with academic institutions and commercial laboratories to organise third party testing
- Experience working with Alginate composite materials/ bio-polymers
- In Depth knowledge/ Experience of hydrocolloids or gels
- Experience in product development in the food and/or packaging industry
- 2+ years of working in a laboratory environment
- Analytical and out of the box thinking mindset
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to the varying nature of project needs.
- Good time management skills and ability to organise priorities according to changing requirements of the project/ business
- Team player with excellent communication and reporting skills
- A strong enthusiasm for Green and Sustainable Technologies
- Willing to learn and contribute to ideas
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a CV and Covering Letter to with a clear subject email to firstname.lastname@example.org