Physiochemical Method Development Scientist

Location
Berkshire
Salary
£28000 to £33000 per annum
Posted
12 Nov 2018
Closes
10 Dec 2018
Ref
J5630475
Contact
Aliyah Iheanacho
Contract Type
Contract
Hours
Full Time
We are currently looking for a Physiochemical Method Development Scientist to join a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area on a 12 month contract basis. As the Physiochemical Method Development Scientist you will be responsible for the development, validation and tech transfer of physiochemical analytical methods. You will operate as a technical expert in a hands on capacity however outside of the technical requirements you will contributes to various projects, possibly as an analytical lead on a mid to late stage project.

KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

As the Physiochemical Method Development Scientist, your role will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:

1. You will identify, develop and validate specific Physiochemical analytical tests in order to facilitate effective process development and measure optimum product quality for mAbs and similar molecules. This includes tech transfer and release and stability testing as required.

2. Your role will be to focus on UHPLC methods (SE-HPLC, CEX-HPLC, RP, NP). These methods will be around 70% of the work load and the other 30% will consist of Project Coordination.

3. You will ensures good record keeping with respect to all laboratory activities, particularly regarding patentability and cGMP requirements.

4. As the Physiochemical Method Development Scientist you will participate in and actively contribute to departmental and/ or technical meetings and have a responsibility for ensuring compliance with actions established during these meetings.

ROLE REQUIREMENTS:

To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Physiochemical Method Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:

1. Relevant degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or any equivalent training with experience in an industrial analytical environment.

2. A working knowledge and proven practical industry experience of Physiochemical methods to analyse New Biological Entities.

3. GMP/ICH knowledge is desirable.

Key Words:

Biology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Physiochemical / Method Development / Scientist / Analytical / Drug Discovery / Antibody / Method Validation / HPLC / UPLC / ELISA / Physical Chemical / Pharmaceutical / Biopharmaceutical / qPCR / Drug Development / Tech Transfer

Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.

Similar jobs

Similar jobs