Analytical Chemist - Royal Society of Chemistry Internship
Seren Technologies specialises in the separation of Rare Earth Elements (REEs). REEs belong to the critical metals which are technologically important and are used in everyday green energy products such as hybrid cars, wind turbines, next generation solar cells and energy saving LED lighting. The intern will work closely with our R&D team focusing on the extraction and separation of REEs from rare earth magnets.
The intern’s role will involve but is not limited to:
- Analysis of raw materials, via wet chemistry techniques.
- Sample preparation and analysis for ICP-OES.
- Maintain analytical equipment including troubleshooting and calibration.
- Research and develop new analytical methods and improve on existing methods.
- Prepare reports and presentations on the data collected.
- Maintain records of all analyses and reference samples.
- Develop and support the implementation of good laboratory practices.
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum BSc Chemistry (Doctoral level candidates are encouraged to apply).
- Experience working in a laboratory.
- Have a working knowledge of common analytical techniques, ICP-OES - would be advantageous.
- Be motivated and results driven.
- Work efficiently in cross functional team.
Placement title: Analytical Chemist - Royal Society of Chemistry internship
Length of placement: 3 months, full time. There is potential for a full-time job opportunity at the end of the internship.
Location: Wilton Centre, Redcar TS10 4RF
Start date: January 2019 (Start date is flexible)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing date for application: 31st December 2018
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to Dr Ena Bradley (email@example.com).