Senior Production Controller, Books
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced publishing professional to take on a critical role in our books team supporting our expanding books programme. You will be responsible for managing the books production process (print and electronic), from receipt of manuscripts through to warehouse delivery and online publication.
What you will be doing:
The role will involve managing relationships with third-party suppliers (copyeditors, typesetters, indexers and printers) and line-management of the Production Controller. You will monitor the production budget and ensure production schedules are in place for each book. Working closely with editorial, production services and sales you will manage a high throughput of production work, ensuring titles are efficiently and swiftly published to a high quality. You will have the opportunity to lead the development and improvement of our processes, and are expected to keep up to date with innovations in publishing.
We are looking for:
- Experience within production roles in academic publishing (preferably within books)
- Experience of managing third party suppliers, onshore and offshore (or similar relevant experience)
- Knowledge of electronic publication processes and workflows
- Ability to lead and manage a team (previous experience of managing or supervising a team is desirable but not essential)
- Experience of proactively identifying and implementing operational improvements
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex technical matters to both internal and external contacts on a regular basis
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good honours degree in science
Download the full job description here.