Content Editor, Data
We are looking for a Content Editor to join our Databases Publishing team to produce updates for three Royal Society of Chemistry data products: The Merck Index* Online, MarinLit and Natural Product Updates.
You will be responsible for using your scientific knowledge to research, compile, write and publish content updates on pharmaceutical compounds, natural products and other chemical substances to meet the needs of our end users.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a strong interest in chemistry, an understanding of how to present chemical information to expert audiences, and an eye for detail to produce accurate and informative updates at the level of quality our subscribers expect.
This is a scientific publishing-focussed role which involves a direct application of chemical knowledge, as well as an enthusiasm for chemical data and curated content.
We are looking for:
- A good honours degree in the chemical sciences
- Up-to-date knowledge of, and passion for, the chemical sciences
- Proven ability to research, retrieve, organise and classify scientific information from a broad range of sources and media, such as journal articles and patents
- Proactive approach to problem solving and delivering on tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work individually and as part of a team, with minimal supervision
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- High level of computer literacy, especially with using chemical databases
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of STM publishing an advantage
*The name THE MERCK INDEX is owned by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, N.J., U.S.A., and is licensed to The Royal Society of Chemistry for use in the U.S.A. and Canada.