We are currently looking for a person to join us for a 3-month internship. We are looking for a Chemistry Intern with a strong interest in electrochemistry who can apply themselves in a fast-paced commercial setting. The role will include the development of an analytical system to scale up the coating process with OnS scientists. You will have an opportunity to develop cutting edge heat transfer technology which will revolutionise cooling, heating and energy generation systems world-wide.
With world-wide use of air conditioning and other energy-heavy cooling systems growing year on year the demand on global generating capacity is becoming significant. New technologies need to be developed to find ways to reduce the demand and that where the nanoFLUX® coating comes in.
Oxford nanoSystems has spent five years developing nanoFLUX®, a ground-breaking coating technology, which has demonstrated substantial enhancements in heat transfer capabilities and are now looking to bringing the process to market. The coating can also be implemented into two-phase cooling systems and significantly increase the efficiency reducing the energy demand.
New developments have also shown a need to improve energy supply and the process is being modified to improve geothermal, solar thermal and LAES systems.
We are looking for talented, motivated and self-directed people to join our informal, fast paced team.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or masters in chemistry, any previous industrial experience is not necessary but may also be considered. They should be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a team of scientists, engineers and commercial people.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of methods for analysing electrochemical nanocoating processes.
- Working closely with the company’s technical/science staff in identifying and exploring opportunities to innovate development using range of materials.
- Leverage experiences and technical ‘know-how,’ skills, and techniques from external sources.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and document findings in well-organised manner quickly and efficiently.
Skills and Experience they will gain:
- Experience of surface coating techniques
- Electrochemical techniques
- Multiple analytical techniques such as SEM, UV, Potentiometric auto titration, potentiometry and voltammetry
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, where there is a requirement to understand the technical process
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you have the right to work in the UK before applying to work with us. We are based in Oxfordshire (Harwell Campus).
This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) position for 3 months based primarily in Harwell.
£1,333 per month