Knowledge Transfer Manager- Materials Chemistry
Knowledge Transfer Manager - Materials Chemistry
To deliver knowledge transfer and other activities aimed at stimulating innovation in specific sectors, technologies or cross-cutting themes with potential to grow the UK economy.
Scope: Chemistry relevant to materials and formulated products.
Location: Home or Office Based working with significant UK travel (KTN has offices in London and Edinburgh)
The role will provide technical capability relevant to various products downstream of the chemicals sector; this includes but is not limited to personal care products, paints, composite materials and materials for energy storage and generation. The role will require achievement of KTN KPIs with particular attention to business interaction, Innovate UK support and engagement with relevant Research Councils and universities conducting research in the development of complex materials using chemicals.
- Support KTN and Innovate UK delivery plans
- Build and maintain communities, in order to develop a good understanding of the innovation landscape in the area
- Company engagement, from within the KTN target list and beyond
- Manage specific projects, including cross cutting projects and Special Interest Groups
- Facilitate networking across communities
- Regular reporting and achieve KPIs (business interaction and new collaborations)
- To lead and participate in specific tasks which relate to the application of chemicals and chemistry in downstream sectors
- To develop and maintain knowledge of high growth potential businesses in or able to exploit raw materials
- To directly engage with businesses providing support through access to funding, making new connections and collaborations including the UK’s research and innovation assets
- To track progress of businesses to determine outcomes resulting from KTN interventions, seeking case studies and metrics (KPI) capture
- To maintain a strong relationship with relevant counterparts in Innovate UK, Research Councils and other relevant stakeholders
- To plan and deliver dissemination, scoping and networking meetings, encouraging cross-community involvement where possible
- To seek opportunities for KTN with potential for new revenue
- To contribute to KTN wide communications (e.g. yammer) and projects, helping colleagues as required
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified or higher (or equivalent) and with industrial or post-graduate research experience
- Demonstrated experience in one or more areas where chemicals are used to produce products with specific properties and effects
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, with good external profile
- Awareness of knowledge transfer or business development processes
Competencies and Attributes
- A highly motivated and self-starting individual with a good understanding of commercial issues and an ability to learn on the job
- Results oriented and demonstrated delivery capability, including for complex projects
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, and a good listener
- Adaptability and willingness to work in new areas
- Demonstrated teamwork - able to both lead and be part of effective teams.
- Good IT skills with familiarity with MS Office, e-mail and internet-based applications
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Holder of a driving licence, a willingness to travel by public transport or by own car as post involves significant travel.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK as sponsorship is not provided.
Apply for Knowledge Transfer Manager- Materials Chemistry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly