Deputy Editor, Education Magazines and Journals
The Royal Society of Chemistry has a permanent opportunity for a Deputy Editor, Education Magazines and Journals to join us, based in Cambridge, with some travel for meetings, events and conferences.
As Deputy Editor, you will commission, write and oversee editing of content for Education in Chemistry, the Royal Society of Chemistry’s flagship magazine for teachers.
Working closely with the Managing Editor you will plan and deliver a pipeline of high quality content, reflecting the needs and expectations of our key audiences, in print and online. Demonstrating a good understanding of systems, workflows, procedures and team working across departments, you will have the expertise to make decisions for the Managing Editor when they are unavailable.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists and the world’s leading chemistry community. We are a prestigious not-for-profit publishing and knowledge business, educating future generations of scientists, for the benefit of science and humanity.
We are looking for:
- Proven experience of writing and editing content for a variety of media.
- Proven ability to understand and meet audience needs.
- Demonstrable initiative and editorial judgement in seeking out, briefing and managing authors to produce content.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated, adaptable and able to work with relatively little supervision.
- Understanding of digital publishing systems and processes.
- A working knowledge of chemistry.
- Experience of customer engagement, research and developing content/publishing strategy.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your career development and reward your contribution with a great benefits package: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of the closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.