A-GAS ELECTRONIC MATERIALS LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for science to join a small, supportive team at A-Gas Electronic Materials as a Laboratory Technician. You will support the Laboratory Manager by learning routine and one-off laboratory testing and be trained on how to perform a variety of technical laboratory techniques.
- Annual wage £10,000.00
- Working week Monday - Friday: 8.30 - 4.30 Total hours per week: 37.50
- Apprenticeship duration 2 years
- Possible start date 03 Sep 2018
- Date posted 23 May 2018
- Apprenticeship level Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number VAC001404105
- Positions 1 available
- Assist the Laboratory Manager with the day to day operation of the Laboratory (Full training will be given).
- Perform laboratory tests in accordance to documented procedures to produce reliable and precise data in a timely manner
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology
- To provide a testing service to support A-Gas EM, and contract customers
- Ensuring their own behaviours are aligned to the A-Gas EM vision and values and promote this culture within the team
- Maintaining consistency and focus everyday particularly on quality and compliance
- Proactively communicate any problems and delays to projects and escalate through appropriate routes. Build a positive relationship with team members and other internal/external customers
- To review test results ensuring that any out of specification results are promptly escalated as appropriate
- Help to identify areas of improvement for the laboratory, support implementation of continuous improvement
- Ensure all testing is compliant with the laboratory specifications
- To support a positive culture of safety to ensure the laboratory meets all health and safety requirements
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Clear, confident written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Attention to Health and Safety
- Practical problem-solving skills
- Good Maths and IT skills
- The desire to train and develop within the chemistry industry
- A real passion for Science
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- ‘AS or A’ level in a Science subject or equivalent
- GCSE’s at Grade C/4 or above in Maths, English and a Science subject or equivalent qualifications
Upon succesful completion of this apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to apply for a permanent position.
Things to consider
- The applicant must be 18 year old or over due to the hazadous nature of the chemicals you will be dealing with
- Ideally A-Gas Electronic Materials are looking for someone who would be able to join them in August.
- Great benefits package including: Pension, Free Car Park, Life Insurance, Free Mobile Phone Insurance, Private Healthcare, Cycle to Work Scheme and Bonus Package
About the employer
A‑Gas Electronic Materials is a Distributor, supplying specialist chemicals & processes to Semiconductor, Printed Circuit Board, Electronic / Industrial Metal Finishing, Photovoltaic and Advanced Packaging Technologies. What makes us unique is the partnerships we have formed with our suppliers, and this has given us access to a vast portfolio of innovative products. All of this is supported by a very strong (field based) technical sales team. We also offer chemical warehousing, logistics solutions, plus technical consultancy and lab scale R&D.
Alan Billinghurst was the founder of the company in 1994. A‑Gas Electronic Materials was acquired on the 14th March 2008 by A‑Gas International Ltd. A‑Gas International is the leading independent global supplier of packaged and bulk refrigerants and foam blowing agents primarily to the UK, South African and Australian markets, with additional sales offices in USA, Mexico, Thailand, Singapore and China. A‑Gas is also expanding into specialist gases and chemicals markets such as those served by A-Gas Electronic Materials. A-Gas brings a strong management team and financial strength to A-Gas Electronic Materials which will enable us to work with our suppliers to continue to expand our product range.
The focus of our business is to support the supply of specialist photosensitive chemicals, plating solutions & processes to customers who require imaging & plating technologies for a variety of applications and to offer a broad distribution, technical support and service network throughout the UK and Eire.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.