Digital Communications Assistant
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Digital Communications Assistant to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis, based at the Cambridge Science Park (free onsite parking and are close to public transport).
As the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 54,000 members worldwide, the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is a £50m-turnover not-for-profit organisation with over 500 staff operating around the world and an award-winning global knowledge business. For 175 years we have promoted, supported, and celebrated chemistry. We work to shape the future of the chemical sciences – for the benefit of science and humanity.
As Digital Communications Assistant, you will support the effective delivery of communication and marketing campaigns by executing digital delivery within our Digital Communications team.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Supporting the effective delivery of communications and marketing projects by managing delivery via digital channels (primarily email and social media advertising) as part of the Digital Communications team.
- Ensuring that all content and activity is delivered to a high standard, on time, on brand and on budget, demonstrating organisational values and appropriate tone of voice, inspiring audiences to take action.
- Applying knowledge of data protection guidelines, working with the Market Intelligence and Customer Insight team to ensure guidelines are followed.
- Applying knowledge of brand guidelines, working closely with colleagues across the directorate to ensure they are adhered to.
- Assisting with duties to support other teams within the directorate.
We are looking for:
- Good verbal and written communication skills and numeracy skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Experience of proactively dealing with customer queries and solving issues.
- An ability to manage the needs and expectations of customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be efficient and highly competent in the use of software packages associated with PCs.
- Email marketing experience preferred.
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, please apply by the end of our closing date.