The apprentice will work as park of the team in Calent's Quality Control Chemistry Laboratory. You will work alongside experienced scientists and will perform analysis of pharmaceutical analytical samples.
- Monthly wage
- Working week
37.5 Monday – Friday, shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 37.50
- Apprenticeship duration
- Possible start date
20 Aug 2018
- Date posted
11 Apr 2018
- Apprenticeship level
Foundation Degree Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number
- To analyse pharmaceutical samples to determine compliance with approved specifications using techniques such as FTIR, NIR, Karl Fischer, TLC, Dissolution, UV and HPLC. Full training will be given on all of these techniques
- To work safely, in accordance with risk assessments and to actively participate in site safety initiatives
- To ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Control Laboratory Practice (GCLP) standards at all times
- To work as part of a team to meet customer timelines and business requirements
- To participate in laboratory housekeeping and maintenance duties
- To accurately complete all relevant laboratory documentation and electronic records to a high standard
- To manage day to day tasks with daily supervision and guidance
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm to learn and understand operational and analytical processes
- Understanding of scientific principles
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail
- Computer Literate
- Excellent written and verbal English
- An ability to follow instructions
- Good communication skills
- Methodical and logical approach
- Enthusiastic for gaining knowledge and learning
- Able to demonstrate a professional attitude to work and to colleagues
- Have a real passion for Science
- GCSE in Maths and English and a Science subject (minimum C or level 6)
- A-levels in 2 or preferably 3 science related subjects or
- BTEC Level 3 in Applied Science
Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship there may be opportunities for further training such as an applied chemistry degree or to move into a permanent role
Things to consider
- Live within a commutable distance to Swindon
- A successful criminal records check will be required
- Opportunity to become a STEM Ambassador and participate in charitable or outreach activities via the Catalent Cares Scheme.
Selection days will be held on the 6th or 13th June.
The candidates will be expected to participate in a selection day which will include interviews and participation in team tasks.
About the employer
Our name combines these ideas. As the world’s #1 drug development, delivery and supply partner with over 80 years of experience, we are the catalyst for your success. We have helped thousands of innovators by optimizing and manufacturing thousands of pharmaceutical, biologic, consumer health and beauty products utilizing our superior and innovative drug delivery technologies to improve their value to patients and consumers. And Catalent’s “Patient First” culture puts patients at the centre of our work to ensure the safety, reliable supply and optimal performance of our products.
Catalent is a vibrant growing community of 10,000+ global employees with the passion to unlock the potential of your product. Founded in 2007 as Catalent, our legacy of drug development goes much deeper, incorporating the inventions and innovations which have transformed the pharmaceutical industry. On July 30, 2014 Catalent announced its initial public offering and became a publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CTLT.
From early development to clinical supply and commercial manufacturing, our 30+ global site teams support our clients through all phases of development, delivery, and supply, accelerating the product’s path to market in segments such as pharmaceuticals, biologics, consumer health, and animal health utilizing our superior drug delivery technologies to improve therapeutic and product value to patients and consumers.
Catalent Pharma Solutions Limited
You will work towards a Level 5 qualification - Higher National Diploma (HND) in Chemical Science for Industry.
Training will be delivered by CSR Scientific Training who are the UK's leading provider of scientific apprenticeships.
Life and Industrial Sciences > Laboratory scientist - level 5
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crime Scene Resources Ltd
Sally Williams 07970 330 792 email@example.com