Research Chemist – Temporary Protective Coatings
Job Title: Research Chemist – Temporary Protective Coatings
Spraylat International Ltd.
Closing date: 5pm Monday 30th April 2018
Spraylat specialise in developing temporary protective coatings. We are seeking an enthusiastic Chemistry graduate (or related discipline) to join our award-winning research team to, develop UV curable liquid films for use as protective maskants in the manufacturing industry.
You will report to the Senior Development Chemist to assist with development of our UV-curing product range for use on manufacturing lines across a range of sectors, including automotive, aerospace and the construction industry. Your work will involve new product development, liaising with and visiting customer manufacturing sites to understand their requirements and develop formulations tailored to their needs.
You will have a degree (or higher qualification) in Chemistry or related discipline. Experience in polymer chemistry and UV curable systems is desirable but not essential as full training and guidance will be provided to the successful candidate. Competent laboratory and analytical skills are essential as well as the ability to clearly report and present findings.
Spraylat is committed to offering personal development for its staff and the successful applicant will benefit from training programs to further develop their skillset and career.
Your work will involve:
· Formulating and testing of UV curing formulations
· Setting up laboratory equipment and conducting tests and experiments
· Working closely with customers
· Presenting results to senior staff
· Training in UV curable resins (as appropriate)
· Salary is negotiable and will depend on qualifications and experience (£24-30K).
· Quarterly bonus scheme
· Personal development mentoring
· Full time – permanent (40 hours per week)
Education, qualifications and training
· Degree, Masters or PhD in Chemistry or related discipline
Knowledge, work and other relevant experience
· Very good practical experience of working in a laboratory
· Good analytical and numeracy skills
· Experience of working effectively in a team
Personal abilities and qualities
· A willingness to learn new skills and to be responsive to changing duties and working practices in a positive manner.
· Good verbal and written communication skills (presentations and report writing).
· Good interpersonal skills with experience of building relationships.
· Experience in polymer chemistry and UV curable systems.
· Experience in industrial lab environment preferable.
To apply, please email your CV to Dr Henry Spurr, Senior Development Chemist
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 01536 408409, Web: Spraylat.co.uk
If you would like to discuss the role informally in more detail, please contact Dr Henry Spurr.