Company: Oxford nanoSystems is a growing tech company based at the Harwell Science Park with a focus on developing innovative coatings. Recently completing a funding round OnS is looking to bring in some keen individuals to being advance the coating towards full scale commercialisation.
Responsible to: CEO
Environment: Oxford nanoSystems Ltd, Harwell
Job purpose: To work on the development of the thermal coating process analytics and towards next generation coatings by working with commercial partners.
- Development and implementation of methods for analysing electrochemical nanocoating processes.
- Designing procedures, experiments, test rigs and equipment to provide thorough laboratory simulation of large scale coating processes to assist performance evaluation of developmental products.
- Working closely with the company’s technical/science staff in identifying and exploring opportunities to innovate development using range of materials.
- Leverage experiences and technical ‘know-how,’ skills, and techniques from external sources.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and document findings in well-organised manner quickly and efficiently.
Job title: Research Chemist, Oxford nanoSystems
Education & Qualifications:
MSc or PhD in Chemistry (preferably inorganic chemistry or material science)
- Several years’ experience of working in a laboratory environment desirable
- Experience in the electroplating industry
- Project management skills
- Experience of surface coating techniques
- Electrochemical techniques
- Multiple analytical techniques such as SEM, UV, ICP-OES, auto titration, potentiometry, voltammetry, ion chromatography
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, where there is a requirement to understand the technical process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with initiative
- Takes an innovative approach towards scientific problems and demonstrates creative thinking
- Works with and for the team but also on individual projects
- Can work with customers to develop new products
- Ability to work precisely under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness for continuous learning
- Awareness of and adherence to H&S regulations
Please ensure that you have the right to work in the UK before applying to work with us.
Apply for Research Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly