Company: Oxford nanoSystems is a growing tech company based at the Harwell Science Park with a focus on developing innovative coatings. Recently completing a funding round OnS is looking to bring in some keen individuals to being advance the coating towards full scale commercialisation.
Responsible to: CEO
Environment: Oxford nanoSystems Ltd, Harwell
Job purpose: To work on the development of the thermal coating process analytics and towards next generation coatings by working with commercial partners.
- Development and implementation of methods for analysing electrochemical nanocoating processes.
- Designing procedures, experiments, test rigs and equipment to provide thorough laboratory simulation of large scale coating processes to assist performance evaluation of developmental products.
- Working closely with the company’s technical/science staff in identifying and exploring opportunities to innovate development using range of materials.
- Leverage experiences and technical ‘know-how,’ skills, and techniques from external sources.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and document findings in well-organised manner quickly and efficiently.
Job title: Research Chemist, Oxford nanoSystems
Education & Qualifications:
MSc or PhD in Chemistry (preferably inorganic chemistry or material science)
- Several years’ experience of working in a laboratory environment desirable
- Experience in the electroplating industry
- Project management skills
- Experience of surface coating techniques
- Electrochemical techniques
- Multiple analytical techniques such as SEM, UV, ICP-OES, auto titration, potentiometry, voltammetry, ion chromatography
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, where there is a requirement to understand the technical process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with initiative
- Takes an innovative approach towards scientific problems and demonstrates creative thinking
- Works with and for the team but also on individual projects
- Can work with customers to develop new products
- Ability to work precisely under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness for continuous learning
- Awareness of and adherence to H&S regulations
Please ensure that you have the right to work in the UK before applying to work with us.