Head of Science
Head of Science
We are looking to appoint a Head of Science. This is a key appointment for the CCDC. The appointee will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Materials Science and Discovery Science teams of the CCDC and other members of the Senior Leadership Management Team (SLMT) in order to provide management and direction for the science behind this growing not-for-profit and registered charity in the service of the scientific community and for public benefit.
The Head of Science will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic, scientific vision and leadership in all aspects of the science for the organisation. Liaising with Senior Leadership and Management Team members the Head of Science will:
- Liaise with the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Trustees to establish and agree on scientific policy
- Formulate, develop and implement the scientific strategic plan of the company
- Lead and manage the company’s scientific research and development work and to propose direction, as appropriate
- Manage the CCDC scientific team, and to foster a team-based culture, ensuring positive interactions with other teams and with CCDC database and software users and external collaborators
- Drive the scientific relationships with key partners
- Maintain the CCDC’s strong place in the Scientific research community worldwide.
For more details about the position, please see: https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/theccdcprofile/careers/.
Applications which should include a covering letter detailing what appeals to you about the position and why you are interested, full educational details, employment history and the names of two referees, should be addressed to Petra Hales via firstname.lastname@example.org.