Senior Associate Scientist - Chemical Development R&D
Indivior maintain a firm belief that the right treatment can transform lives. We pioneer the development of innovative prescription treatments for patients around the world suffering from the chronic diseases of addiction. Our vision is to ensure that all patients around the world have unrestricted access to high quality addiction treatment.
Senior Associate Scientist – Chemical Development R&D – Hull - East Yorkshire
(We are also hiring an Associate Scientist; see below)
DRUG DEVELOPMENT – ALL PHASES (from discovery through development)
We’re moved to a brand-new purpose built laboratory and are recruiting for a new Associate Scientist in Chemical Development, and a Senior Associate Scientist in Chemical development. This job ad is for the Senior Associate Scientist.
You’ll be part of a small but growing chemistry team specialising in pharmaceutical chemical development from candidate selection through all phases of development. This will involve investigation into new routes of synthesis and gaining process understanding of existing synthetic routes.
Working with an extensive network of UK and European third parties the team carry out research and development into synthetic organic chemistry in the field of addiction therapy and addiction co-morbidities.
- Manage Chemical Development projects within the new product pipeline, ensuring all chemistry aspects of the development, including the chemical synthesis and solid state physical properties are effectively managed with any issues highlighted to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Provide support to API commercial manufacture, including the introduction of 2nd generation processes.
- Take ownership of projects assigned to you, ensuring project milestones are delivered on time and to plan.
- Demonstrate scientific excellence in technical field in all activities, deliverables and interactions
- Actively participate in project strategy and planning meetings, risk assessments and stakeholder interactions to leverage your chemistry expertise and insight, to drive the right decisions at the right time and mitigate risk.
- Apply the principles of Quality by Design.
- Solve complex technical problems using experience, knowledge, research and advice.
- Collect, interpret and report chemistry data as required.
- Liaise with global regulatory, local regulatory, QA, Supply, and other relevant functions to deliver projects.
- Review and approve regulatory submissions documents and prepare responses to questions raised by Healthcare Authorities.
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of the chemical development function with respect to new technologies and processes.
- Contribute to drug innovation by challenging current perceptions and practices.
- Manage, supervise and coach a small team, including prioritisation, time management, delegation, performance reviews and setting objectives for personal and professional development
- A degree in chemistry (2.1 or 1st preferred)
- A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry would be beneficial.
- 5-10+ years experience in pharmaceutical chemical development
- Management experience of people and projects in a fast paced, GLP and GMP chemical development environment
- Proven experience and practical knowledge in organic synthesis.
- Proven experience and practical knowledge of electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical information databases, parallel and semi-automated laboratory equipment.
- Experience of process scale up and running processes on a pilot plant scale and beyond.
- Experience of working with 3rd party partners to deliver project goals.
- Proven experience and practical knowledge in a wide range of analytical techniques including NMR, and LC-MS.
- Working knowledge of crystallisation, polymorphism and the physical properties of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Experience within a pharmaceutical environment with a proven track record of delivering high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience of developing new chemical entities in the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Results orientated, self motivated with an ability to evaluate and take risks.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, develop tactics and transform ideas into reality.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to negotiate.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, as part of a team, without compromising quality and delivery.
A Career with Indivior
Passion. Innovation. Achievement. All are key aspects of a career with Indivior. We are a worldwide family of individuals with varying backgrounds, strengths, and weaknesses united under one common purpose – the patient.
Our guiding principles have nurtured our culture and successfully guided our decision making. They ensure we focus on the patient and are the foundation for each employee’s success and growth
Located in Hull, Near to lovely countryside, the stunning Yorkshire coast and with quick rail and road links into Leeds/Sheffield and Manchester, Hull is a vibrant growing city.
We’ll help with relocation costs, a great salary, car cash allowance and you’ll also be part of our bonus scheme
To find out more about our company visit; www.Indivior.com
In addition to this we are hiring an Associate Scientist- Chemistry.
This role is similar to the Senior Associate role, but requires fewer years experience. If you would like to be considered for the Associate role please indicate this in your application.
Apply for Senior Associate Scientist - Chemical Development R&D
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly