Location - Reading area
Package: Competitive salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an interest in science and engineering to work within our Orion laser facility here at AWE. The role will involve working as part of a multi-disciplined team to support the operation of a high powered laser system.
The successful candidate will undertake task based training in the following areas:
- Particulate sample taking and analysis of these samples
- Support Clean room activities with the assembly and disassemble of mechanical components
- Undertake training in optical coating
Ideally, you will already have:
- Experience working in an ISO class 7 clean room
- Some practical experience working in an engineering/scientific support role
- A grasp of working within safe systems of work
- Possess good communication skills, both written and oral
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft applications
To be considered for this role you must be able to work flexibly within a close team environment and possess good inter-personal skills. AWE will provide all specialist training and full PPE.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated facilities.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.