Senior Programme Manager, Industry
As Senior Programme Manager for Industry, you will lead a small team of Programme Managers and Officers, and will work closely with two of our executive advisory panels to deliver the highest impact to our Industry community, with responsibility for a circa £700,000 budget. Using your expertise and understanding of the chemical sciences industry, you will lead on the development and implementation of new initiatives and opportunities, in alignment with the Industry strategy.
Our Industry team provide the community of companies and individuals, working in the chemistry using industries, with relevant support, access to knowledge, skills development and connections to fast-track innovation.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation with a thriving international community of over 55,000 members in 125 countries. As an internationally renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK, we have a reputation as an influential champion for the chemical sciences.
Our global community spans hundreds of thousands of scientists, librarians, teachers, students, pupils and people who love chemistry. We connect our community by holding scientific conferences, symposia, workshops and webinars and we partner globally for the benefit of the chemical sciences.
The Royal Society of Chemistry supports over 300 small and medium sized companies in the chemical sciences and we are a powerful advocate for the chemical sciences at the government level influencing science, education and innovation policy. We represent a diverse set of industry sectors, including pharmaceuticals, energy, oil and gas, nuclear, food and drinks, consumer products, and have extensive networks in 128 universities in the UK and many others, abroad.
We are looking for:
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD (or similar) in chemistry or other science subject or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of financial planning and budget management (£500,000+)
- Proven line management skills
- Experience in writing business plans for products or services development, in industrial context or third sector
- Experience in product development (desirable)
- Strong understanding of the challenges chemical sciences industries face and the economic climate in which they operate, in particular the SME sector
- Highly collaborative, able to work with colleagues in a wide variety of contexts, delivering results that take into account the widest needs of the organisation
- Ability to learn quickly and manage a diverse, rapidly changing portfolio
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to interact effectively with and influence people at a range of levels
- Ability to balance and prioritise across multiple projects, tasks and deadlines
This is a permanent full-time (35-hour week) role, based at our Cambridge Science Park office, with occasional UK travel and weekend work required.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your development and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.