Senior Toxicologist– Milton Park – 1709648
Location – Milton Park, Oxfordshire - United Kingdom
The Dow Chemical Company has an opportunity for a Senior Toxicologist to join a highly motivated Global Human Health Assessment (HHA) team within our Research and Development function. This role will be based in our European Development Centre, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
The successful incumbent will represent the HHA function on multidisciplinary regulatory teams responsible for development, registration or re-registration of new and existing crop protection products. This will entail responsibility for individual toxicology studies through to entire 5-year development programmes for new active substances for incorporation into company dossiers for active substances and their products submitted to regulatory agencies worldwide.
Numerous opportunities exist for scientific growth within this role including working on cross-active ingredient projects, innovative/alternative toxicity testing approaches and communicating data to a wide variety of audiences.
The position will involve close liaison with registration colleagues and technical experts across a wide range of disciplines within Dow AgroSciences, industry associations and national or international regulatory authorities.
- A Ph.D. in Toxicology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences.
- No less than 5 years industry working experience in Toxicology or related field.
- Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills coupled with application of scientific principles and exposure data/metrics for use in regulatory sciences and risk assessment
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities to manage and coordinate multiple projects and chemistries
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to creatively address complex risk assessment challenges in a timely and effective manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Keen interest in working in a dynamic, exciting industry and applying scientific information for protection of human health
- Experience in the area of endocrine disruption would be an advantage
- High level of English Proficiency.
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges.
To apply please email Karl Davies email@example.com