Astex Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in innovative drug discovery and development. The company has successfully applied its proprietary Fragment-Based Drug Discovery (FBDD) platform to generate multiple new drug candidates that are progressing in clinical development. Astex continues to grow and focuses on Oncology and Neurological Disorders.
CURIOSITY, CREATIVITY AND INNOVATIVE SCIENCE FOR DRUG DISCOVERY ...UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
We have exciting opportunities for lab-based medicinal chemists keen to work on Fragment Based Drug Discovery (FBDD) in close collaboration with computational chemistry, structural biology, biology and DMPK. Candidates will be highly rigorous scientifically and able to challenge and stimulate colleagues. An excellent knowledge and understanding of synthetic organic chemistry as well as a proven track record and significant practical experience is required. Applications are welcome from candidates recently qualified at PhD level as well as experienced medicinal chemists
- Design and synthesis of target molecules within drug discovery projects, with an emphasis on structure-based drug design and state of the art synthesis methodology
- Assist in the day to day running of Astex’s chemistry laboratories
- Contribute to the advancement of technology and methodology within the Department
- Promote cross disciplinary interactions
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry with demonstrated expertise in delivering target molecules
- Outstanding publication record in high impact journals
- Good interdisciplinary teamworking and communication skills are essential
- Experience and aptitude in the following areas will be particularly advantageous: structure-based drug design; and medicinal chemistry including lead optimization and DMPK problem solving.
We offer excellent career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter quoting the job reference: MC/1117 to HR.UK@astx.com
Closing Date: 31st December 2017
We are recruiting for a number of roles some are permanent and some are for 2-3 year fixed term contracts depending on qualifications and experience