Application close: 31-Oct-2017
Contract Type: Temporary in the first instance
Contract Hours: Full Time
Colour Synthesis Solutions (CSS) is currently looking to recruit an R&D chemist that can complete synthetic chemistry projects to tight deadlines. CSS is a small custom chemistry research company based in Manchester, with a small manufacturing facility for the production of high specification fine chemicals.
The candidate will preferably have a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry. Experience of practical organic chemistry in an industrial environment is desirable, along with a willingness to learn new techniques. Due to our current workload, a practical knowledge of organometallic and metal catalysed cross-coupling reactions would be beneficial.
The candidate will be able to work independently, planning synthetic routes, resourcing literature and devising lab procedures. The candidate will be able to interpret all common organic chemistry analytical data and act on results obtained.
We require strong communication skills, both written and oral, good computer skills and a hands-on, proactive approach to lab work and problem solving. Writing concise weekly updates will likely be part of the job.
A diligent approach to safety and hazard assessment is paramount and the chemist will be expected to plan their work to high safety standards in chemical handling and equipment operation.
The position is available from October 2017.
- Excellent practical chemistry skills and a clear understanding of chemical reactions.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation to work independently.
- Understanding of common chemical analytical techniques and an ability to interpret and act upon analytical data.
- Good time management, discipline to work to tight time schedules and to deliver materials of exceptional quality on time.
- Good communication skills to report and discuss work regularly with a project manager and to customers.
To Apply: Please send your 2 page CV to email@example.com