Senior R&D Chemist
Can you use your analytical skills to deliver innovative products with a market leader?
Sentinel is a global leader in water treatment products that prevent corrosion in domestic hot water and heating systems.
An international business with 25% of our business generated from Europe, the USA and Turkey, we are the market leader in the UK, distributing our products through selected national building and plumbing materials distributors and merchants.
Our Technical Support team and industry leading Laboratory facilities are based at our head offices on the Daresbury Business Park, adjacent to Junction 11 the M56.
We now seek an accomplished & hands on chemist to play a key role in our fast turnaround product development programme and help future proof our market leading brands.
You will work closely with our technical, marketing and sales teams to:
- Organise and deliver R&D projects
- Design experiments and testing strategies
- Research and propose formulation improvements
- Monitor product quality and investigate trends
- Ensure the Lab is well resourced, maintained and meets our quality, safety and environmental standards
- Manage the Lab and external testing providers
- Have a good honours degree in Chemistry
- Have 3 years experience in a laboratory or analytical environment
- Be experienced in a fast moving product development environment with a wide experience of product testing
- Be curious and innovative
- Be organised, committed to and rigorous about high standards
- Be IT literate
Knowledge of water treatment chemistry an advantage but we will provide full training.
In return, we offer the opportunity to develop your expertise, knowledge and career.
- Bonus based on personal achievement and business results
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
As important, is our commitment to proactively support your professional development in this fast moving business.