Editorial Development Manager, India
Fantastic opportunity to join a leading scientific publisher! We are seeking an Editorial Development Manager to be the key representative for the Royal Society of Chemistry’s publishing activities in India, developing and implementing our strategic objectives. You will also be a senior manager within the wider Royal Society of Chemistry’s India team.
This position is located at our office in Bangalore. However, for the right candidate home-based working arrangements with regular visits to the office are considered.
We are looking for:
- A degree or PhD in science is essential (chemical science preferred).
- Relevant and strategic experience in STM (Scientific, Technical and Medical) publishing.
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills, ideally within a cross-functional team.
- Experience of budget management.
- A thorough understanding of Indian higher education and scientific research systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, preferably as part of an international organisation.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure autonomously and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
- Up-to-date knowledge of and passion for the chemical sciences.
- Contacts with the relevant communities.
The Royal Society of Chemistry publishes 43 peer-reviewed journals, more than 1,500 print books and a collection of online databases and literature updating services.
Our international publishing portfolio covers the core chemical sciences including related fields such as biology, biophysics, energy and environment, engineering, materials, medicine and physics. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our mission to advance excellence in the chemical sciences.
If you would like to join us, please apply now.