Development Editor, Journals
5 days left
- Full Time
The Royal Society of Chemistry is looking for a Development Editor to work with our Physial and Sustainability portfolio in our Journals team in a dynamic, fast moving publishing environment, based in Cambridge, with some national travel. This role is available on a temporary (up to 12 months) part-time (21 hours per week) basis to cover maternity leave.
Working closely with our Journals' Deputy Editor, Executive Editor and Publisher, you will play a key role in the editorial development strategy for a portfolio of journals.
As Development Editor for Journals, you will identify scientific and geographical areas for development and will be involved in widening our visibility through marketing activities, increasing community engagement amongst our authors and readers using personal communication, and keeping up to date with publishing developments from competitor journals.
You will also focus on maintaining or improving the quality and quantity of articles submitted for publication, readership and online usage and revenue of the journals, and helping to deliver KPIs.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists and the world’s leading chemistry community. We are a prestigious not-for-profit publishing and knowledge business, educating future generations of scientists, for the benefit of science and humanity.
We are looking for:
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to make sound evidence-based judgements.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and demonstrate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and solve problems independently.
- Good organisational and time-management skills, and the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Postgraduate experience and/or practical experience in STM publishing would be an asset.
If this sounds of interest, please apply including your CV and a cover letter, before the end of our closing date.
The full job description can be found here.