Research Assistant - Chemistry
3 days left
- Full Time
There is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate scientist to work for an innovative, world leading industrial biotechnology company based just outside Edinburgh. The candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about science. It is essential the candidate demonstrates evidence of interdisciplinary team skills and is able to work collaboratively with others to reach projects deadlines. The candidate should be flexible and have the ability to multi-task effectively to meet the demands of different work activities. Good communication and presentation skills are necessary with a willingness to learn.
Skills / Experience
The candidate will have:
- A BSc (Hons) or Masters in Chemistry or a closely related degree. Over qualified candidates will not be considered for this position.
- Practical laboratory experience including technical skills in developing and implementing analytical methods required for HPLC, GC and LCMS.
- Experience in maintaining and repairing HPLC instruments.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail particularly in analytical method development, validation and data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and electronic including experience in using Excel.
- A proven ability to work both independently and demonstrate good organisational skills.
Desirable skills but not essential would be for example:
- Ability to articulate technical information to a wider audience.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology, microbiology and fermentation.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
- Work Pattern: Days
- Pension: Available
- Other Employee Benefits including profit sharing scheme
If you think you are a suitable candidate please email your C.V along with an attached covering letter to Sarah Scott.
Apply for Research Assistant - Chemistry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly