Senior Analytical Chemist
CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an expert service provider to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in the process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
As the company project portfolio continues to grow, CatSci now requires an experienced Analytical Chemist to join our dynamic team in a world-class facility.
Reporting directly to a senior manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing chromatographic and mass spectrometric methods
- Performing robust LC-MS and GC-MS analysis
- Other analysis including NMR, DSC, Karl Fischer and other specification typically used tests for generation of a certificate of analysis
- Documenting results and preparing reports
- Supporting the technical team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of projects
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of staff
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Detailed understanding of analytical chemistry for small molecules (<1000 Da)
- Sound understanding of organic chemistry and process chemistry
- A proven history in the analysis of drug substance or other high value small molecules
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems
- MSc or PhD in analytical chemistry or organic chemistry and at least three years’ experience in industry or post-doctoral studies
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear focus on delivery of demanding project objectives
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively
- Energetic and enthusiastic, keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability
- Able to get on with others as a team-player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Natural leadership ability is desirable, although formal line management capability may not initially be required.
To apply, please send a CV to email@example.com with a covering letter outlining why you would like this exciting opportunity and how you believe you are qualified for this demanding role.
Closing date for applications is 12th September 2017