Senior and Principal Process Development Chemists
CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an expert service provider to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in the process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
As the company project portfolio continues to grow, CatSci now requires two experienced Process Development Chemists to join our dynamic team in a world-class facility.
Reporting directly to a senior manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, leading and delivering chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands
- Contributing to proposals for potential clients, liaising with clients at technical meetings, compiling reports to convey results and offer conclusions
- Bringing scientific excellence to the research and development of new processes for our clients
- Practical project delivery in the laboratory as project and portfolio demands require
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of staff
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in chemistry and at least five years’ experience in industry or post-doctoral studies
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis and process chemistry
- A proven history in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale lab and pilot processes
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Excellent task management and communication skills, and proficiency in the use of appropriate information technology
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear focus on delivery of demanding project objectives
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively
- Energetic and enthusiastic, keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability
- Able to get on with others as a team-player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Natural leadership ability is desirable, although formal line management capability may not initially be required.
To apply, please send a CV to email@example.com with a covering letter outlining why you would like this exciting opportunity and how you believe you are qualified for this demanding role.
Closing date for applications is 12th September 2017
Apply for Senior and Principal Process Development Chemists
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly