Senior Research Scientist
Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization that has been working with the Life Sciences industry for more than two decades.
Erl Wood, Surrey, UK - Synthetic Chemistry
The AMRI insourced group in Erl Wood provides first class synthetic organic chemistry at the customer’s site. Our Team of experienced Scientists is 100% dedicated to the single customer’s chemistry programs and needs.
We are currently looking to fill a vacancy at the Senior Research Scientist level to join our growing Chemistry Group in Erl Wood, Surrey. The vacancy would suit a candidate with a strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry, qualified in a chemistry based subject to PhD level.
The successful applicant will be exposed to the full variety of chemistry within the chemistry group: route design, reaction troubleshooting & optimisation.
At the Senior Research Scientist level you will be responsible for the design, synthesis and purification of chemical intermediates and target compounds.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as a Senior Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as following:
1. Synthesise independently targets compounds by making appropriate modifications of existing routes or modification of literature procedures. The range of reaction types handled capably by the scientist will be significant, using both classical and modern techniques.
2. Proactively suggesting new or improved routes to target compounds, independently and rapidly. Originate novel ideas or approaches to the Scientist’s assigned projects.
3. Troubleshoot/modify reaction conditions in accord with analytical observations to allow rapid, successful synthesis of target compounds.
4. Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with local EHS regulations. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in Organic Chemistry (or equivalent experience).
2. Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form on results, issues, and plans.
3. Industrial experience and scale-up/process chemistry exposure advantageous.
In return we offer excellent training and benefits. These include a highly competitive salary and pension scheme, as well as life assurance and private healthcare.
If you are interested in joining our successful team, please submit your CV, with covering letter online at.
Please note that candidates must be eligible and able to work in the UK.