Chief Technical Officer
CortiCare is an innovative technology and design company which aims to build a portable and smart device for affordable, quick and accurate hormonal testing. Based at the heart of Imperial College London, CortiCare rethinks the clinical diagnostics procedure to dramatically reduce the cost, turnaround and ease to use of these tests by using affordable yet very robust technology stemming from very recent research. Our proprietary technology is capable of carrying out endocrine analysis from a single drop of saliva; it requires no chemical handling or special storing conditions. This is all possible thanks to our novel biomimetic capturing materials which plan to replace outdated ELISA kits.
After ranking amongst the finalists of the Venture catalyst Challenge 2016, CortiCare went on to participate in many local, national and international competitions. We ranked 3rd in the Imperial Launchpad Accelerator program (out of 30 finalists), we were selected as 1 of the 50 start-ups competing in the ImagineIFF Global final (which chooses promising scientific start-ups from 16 cities across the world) and we received the international student award for innovation from the mayor of London Sadiq Khan. Other highlights include presenting at the Bitkom’s Innovator’s Pitch in Berlin. This year also saw CortiCare ranking amongst the finalists of the Biostars accelerator program.
Chief Technical Officer
- Work in a small, dynamic team and lead experimental development
- Design new experimental protocols which meet design inputs and performance requirements
- Conduct extensive laboratory work to test new experimental protocols
- Collaborate with other team members and maintain a good working environment
- Organising materials and products for testing
- Recording/analysing data and presenting it to the team in a clear manner
- PhD in polymer chemistry, biosensors or electrochemistry (or other related fields)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate great personal initiative and willingness to learn
- Outstanding laboratory experience
- Outstanding knowledge of chemistry
- Good knowledge in biosensor design
- Excellent attention to detail and resilient problem-solver who enjoys dealing with new challenges and working towards long-term goals
- Experience with Molecularly imprinted polymers
- Excellent knowledge in polymer chemistry
- Good knowledge in electrochemistry
What we offer:
- Opportunity to have a major role in a rapidly growing company aiming to have a positive impact on the lives of many.
- Showcase your work in numerous local, national and international competitions in front of curated science entrepreneurs, innovators, academics, investors and corporate executives
- Opportunity to experience the full development of a medical device
- Shape and grow with the company
- Stock options package
- Competitive Salary
Want to know more & apply?
Location: You will be based in Corticare’s offices in the Imperial College.