Analytical Chemistry Scientist
Scymaris Ltd is based at the Brixham Environmental Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialized laboratory services have been provided to the Pharmaceutical and Chemical industries for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate, plant metabolism and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries. Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
Analytical Chemistry Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and validate analytical methods in support of ecotoxicology, environmental fate, physical chemistry and standalone studies.
- Prepare samples for analysis, using a variety of sample preparation tools.
- Author analytical method protocols, SOP’s and reports.
- Assist teams during client visits, external audits / inspections.
- Work independently and communicate effectively as part of a successful cross functional team.
- Take ownership of CPD by tracking and understanding emerging technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Contribute to the most effectual use of instrumentation, completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting; maintaining equipment inventories.
- On occasion perform physical testing.
- Communicate effectively with suppliers, instrument vendors, external laboratories.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Degree in analytical chemistry (BSc/MSc), related discipline or relevant practical experience.
- Experience with a variety of analytical techniques (primarily LCMS), method development and validation.
- Experience of working to GLP requirements (or other quality management system).
- Hands-on experience in HPLC, GC, LCMS, GCMS, and a range of data handling software.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Enhances department, organisation and individual reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Positive attitude, employing excellence in scientific services at the forefront of daily tasks.
Scymaris Ltd is accepting applications from a wide range of sectors, and experience levels. Possibilities for career progression are excellent in this rapidly growing company.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com. For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Ed Hayward, Scymaris Ltd (01803) 659170.