Partnership / Philanthropy Leads
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation with a heritage that spans 175 years. Around the world, we invest in educating future generations of scientists. We raise and maintain standards. We partner with industry and academia, promoting collaboration and innovation. And we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science and a meaningful difference to people’s lives.
We have an opportunity for two experienced fundraisers to join our growing team on a permanent full time basis: Partnership Lead and Philanthropy Lead. You can be based in either Cambridge or London and will have the opportunity to travel both nationally and internationally. You will lead project teams and play a central role in implementing our strategy over the next 5 years to generate income from these groups for our charitable activities.
The Partnership Lead will concentrate on forming corporate charity partnerships, whilst the Philanthropy lead will focus on securing revenue from Trusts and Foundations, and major donors. Equally as important as your ability to engage specific supporters will be your skill in communicating both the purpose and importance of the work we do and the impact the chemical sciences have on all of our lives – not just the people who study and research it.
We are looking for two talented individuals with:
- A proven track record of major donor fundraising.
- Significant experience in prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship.
- Good negotiating skills, be self-motivated and able to influence internal teams and donors to enable the Royal Society of Chemistry fulfil its strategic and charitable objectives.
- Educated to degree level, with an interest in the role of science and technology in tackling the challenges facing society and generating prosperity.
- Able to swiftly establish credibility with trustees or senior executives.
- Good at listening, with a consultative approach and able to identify opportunities to support colleagues.
In return the Royal Society of Chemistry will reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.