Quality Control Technician
BioInteractions Ltd., an innovative provider of biocompatible coatings to the medical device industry, is currently seeking a ‘Quality Control (QC) Technician’ to support increased production activities within the company.
The job role
Reporting to the QC Manager, the role involves analytical evaluation of medical polymers, to ensure they meet with our quality specifications, prior to lot release. The position will necessitate both working as part of a team, as well as independent work, in order to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Perform daily QC analysis of medical polymers according to standard procedures.
- Run viscosity, FT-IR, GPC, DSC, pH, endotoxin level and heparin activity testing.
- Complete QC records in a timely fashion in order to meet production deadlines.
- Maintain equipment and laboratory, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Comply with our quality management system (ISO13485) and H&S policies.
- Introduce improvements to methods, working practices and analytical techniques.
- Maintain reagent, buffer and material stocks.
Qualifications and skills
The ideal candidate should have a degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomaterials or Bioengineering. Good practical laboratory skills, excellent communication and a proactive attitude are essential requirements. The candidate should also possess strong organisational skills, attention to detail and a willingness to take on new tasks and solve problems. A working knowledge of analytical hardware and software is desirable.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to learn new analytical techniques and offers scope to develop new methods, within a growing, fast-paced company.
Apply for Quality Control Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly