Materials Chemist Scientist
Chromition is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated scientist to join its vibrant team to deliver its growth as a leading provider of next-generation optoelectronic materials.
Chromition is a chemistry focused SME with laboratories and offices based in Manchester that collaborates with application developers to enable the realisation of our proprietary materials in commercial applications.
The successful candidate will prepare and develop Chromition’s Luminspheres™ photoluminescent materials into commercial applications.
- Essential: BSc in Chemistry, Materials Science or related discipline.
- Desirable: MChem or MSci in Chemistry, Materials Science or related discipline.
- Essential: Industrial experience in synthetic chemistry, security-printing, bioimaging, formulation, LEDs and/or polymer-additives.
- Understand and carry-out experiments following procedures with minimal supervision (experimental design, execution, result analysis and interpretation).
- Operate instrumentation without supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of core organic and physical chemistry.
- Understand and follow chemical risk assessments and COSHH/HSE regulations.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date laboratory records.
- Experience in synthetic chemistry and purification techniques.
- Working knowledge of mainstream characterisation and evaluation techniques (NMR, MS, IR, GPC, DLS, UV-vis/fluorescence spectroscopy).
- Experienced in the use of MS-Office and chemical drawing programs.
- Efficient ability to search the internet.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and proactive.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Freely oral communicate with colleagues and management.
- Proactively participate in team meetings by sharing information and contributing ideas.
- Independent working whilst leveraging support to and from colleagues.
- Flexibly embrace shifting priorities in order to meet deadlines.
Role of the position
- Laboratory based small-molecule, polymer and particle preparation, characterisation and evaluation.
- Formulation of Luminspheres™ into commercial applications.
- Desktop based research and chemical risk assessments.
- Prepare reports, deliver presentations and meet collaborators.
- Work as a team through helping colleagues.
- Laboratory maintenance and everyday up-keep.
The position is full time. Competitive salary
Send CV, cover letter and contact details of 2 referees to email@example.com.
Apply for Materials Chemist Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly