For more than 128 years, we've been pioneers of the senses - and we never stop looking to the future. We create sense-sparking offerings in 13 subcategories, ranging from perfume, fragrance ingredients, and cosmetic actives to dairy, beverages, sweet, and savory flavors — co-creating 35,000 products annually. We're built on collective imagination, chemistry, consumer insights, and food technology - and the drive to push boundaries. Our mission: to deliver innovative "firsts", year after year.
We have sales, manufacturing and creative facilities in over 30 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit our website at www.iff.com.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chemist to join our Fragrance Ingredients team within our facility in Haverhill, Suffolk.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for:
- Lead technical/process chemistry support and improvement initiatives in all chemical process plants. This would include laboratory scale reactions for process trouble shooting and process development.
- Providing technical input on various innovation platforms; working closely with Global technical teams and coordinating implementation on plant where appropriate.
- Writing and maintaining written process instructions and evaluation of plant performance in SAP and cost estimation analysis.
- Support site safety, environment and regulatory commitments, for example incident investigations, risk assessments.
This is a hands-on role working closely with manufacturing team. The position has no direct reports; however there are excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Degree in Chemistry
- Significant knowledge of chemical manufacturing industry
- Strong process knowledge and process analysis skills
- Knowledge of SAP
- Process Trouble shooting
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Significant chemical development and plant experience
- Experience of Top Tier COMAH site
- Laboratory scale chemistry
IFF offers a competitive salary & benefits package.
If this opportunity is of interest, please upload your CV onto our website’s Careers page via www.iff.com. Vacancy Tracking Code: 3846-292. If you have any queries please email email@example.com.