Are you a person with strong analytical and conceptual skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to write reports? Join our cause and work for the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which implements the provision of the Chemical Weapons Convention. Realize a world free of chemical weapons.
Be our Evaluation Officer: your tasks
As an Evaluation Officer, you work under the direct supervision of the Head, Declaration Validation and Evaluation (Industry). The Evaluation Officer evaluates industry declarations provided by States Parties. You liaise with other Divisions for the design of outreach events, in addition to the preparation and delivery of training material and presentations at those events. You also work on several projects associated with the improved implementation of CWC provisions, both by customs authorities and by the global chemical industry.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all activities are fully in accordance with the confidentiality regime of the Organisation.
- Supporting the work of the Policy Making Organs of the OPCW.
- Represent the Secretariat in contacts with outside organisations
- Undertaking international duty travel as per the requirement of the assignment.
This is who you are
You distinguish yourself with good planning and organisational skills. This gives you the ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor your own work plan. You use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written and your ability to prepare reports. Your personal qualities include tact, accuracy and discretion in addition to the ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment. In this way you create a positive and productive team environment. You are driven and committed to continuous learning.
- You possess an advanced university degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or life science;
- A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience of a minimum of 7 years, or;
- Relevant specialised training in combination with a minimum of 11 years of qualifying experience.
- You possess up to date knowledge on industrial chemistry.
You have strongly analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to write reports.
- You have good knowledge of computer equipment, Windows-based word processing, spreadsheet and databases programmes.
- You have a strong customer focus.
Working at OPCW
Integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity and gender equality are core values of the OPCW. The multicultural and technical environment you are going to work in, offers new challenges every day.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary (80k annually with dependants, 75k annually without dependants).
- Great secondary benefits, like rental subsidy, dependency allowance, repatriation grant, education grant and home leave.
- Travel and removal arrangements.
Are you ready for our cause?
This fixed-term appointment is for the duration of two years with a six-month probationary period. The OPCW is a non-career organisation with limited staff tenure. The total length of service for Professional staff shall not exceed 7 years. If you have what it takes, you can check www.opcw.org, submit your application online and join our team. Simply press the ‘Apply’ button or contact us via email@example.com. Only applicants under serious consideration for a post will be contacted.
The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons is the implementing body of the Chemical Weapons Convention. The OPCW is the fastest growing international disarmament organisation in history. As of today OPCW has 192 Member States, who are working together to achieve a world free of chemical weapons at the same time that promote the peaceful use of chemistry.
Keywords: Vacancy, full-time, The Hague, Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, Evaluation, projectmanagement, coordinator, chemistry, chemical engineering, life science