Faradion Limited is a leader in the development of next generation rechargeable batteries for the utility, automotive and consumer sectors. It has established research and development facilities at two UK sites, Oxford and Sheffield, has a growing IP portfolio and a committed team of scientists and engineers.
The company is leading a recently established consortium to develop a Sodium-ion battery for solar storage; this is a really exciting time for Faradion and shows the interest and drive in the market for further energy storage applications. Additionally, another Faradion partnership has just received £1.3 million to significantly reduce the cost of electric vehicle batteries by using cheaper sodium-ion technology.
To aid this research and development, they are seeking inquisitive minds, committed researchers and Chemistry professionals to grow and sustain the innovative environment at Faradion. Currently a team of 15, joining staff can expect an environment where deep thinking, academic creativity and novel approaches are all hugely valued. Individuals who enjoy idea generation, asking ‘why’ as well as ‘how’, and want to be part of a team engineering energy solutions for the future will certainly thrive here.
To find out more, visit: http://www.faradion.co.uk
About the role:
As a new member of the Faradion team, you’ll be joining a lively research environment that already has graduates in place, and collaborating with technicians, engineers and senior scientists on a daily basis. To give you an idea of your daily activities, you might be:
- Synthesis and structural characterisation of new active materials for Na-ion batteries
- Solid state synthesis and X-ray diffraction
- Electrochemical testing of new materials
- Composite electrode preparation
- Slurry mixing and electrode coating
- Cell construction and testing
- Data manipulation, interpretation of results and reporting findings
- Presenting work to the team, contributing to the design and synthesis of new materials
- You’ll have a PhD in a related field
- You can demonstrate expertise in solid state synthesis and characterisation techniques such as X-ray powder and Rietveld refinement
- You have a good understanding of electrochemistry
- Ideally, you’ve gained experience working in the lithium-ion battery industry
- You have good organisational skills and the ability to present results clearly
- You’re able to work in a laboratory in a safe and conscientious manner
- You have a good working knowledge of MS core software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You naturally have a proactive attitude, along with the ability to work effectively in a small team
- You have the drive and desire to make a valuable contribution to a rapidly expanding business
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK
Start date: July/August 2017
Salary: Competitive/negotiable based on experience
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Amy Collins: email@example.com by 9am on Tuesday 11th July 2017, and clearly specify which role you are applying for.
Please ensure that your covering letter outlines any skills and experience relevant to the activities described above, and specifies why you’re interested in joining the team at Faradion.
Apply for Battery Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly