Material Process Engineer
Faradion Limited is a leader in the development of next generation rechargeable batteries for the utility, automotive and consumer sectors. It has established research and development facilities at two UK sites, Oxford and Sheffield, has a growing IP portfolio and a committed team of scientists and engineers.
The company is leading a recently established consortium to develop a Sodium-ion battery for solar storage; this is a really exciting time for Faradion and shows the interest and drive in the market for further energy storage applications. Additionally, another Faradion partnership has just received £1.3 million to significantly reduce the cost of electric vehicle batteries by using cheaper sodium-ion technology.
To aid this research and development, they are seeking inquisitive minds, committed researchers and Chemistry professionals to grow and sustain the innovative environment at Faradion. Currently a team of 15, joining staff can expect an environment where deep thinking, academic creativity and novel approaches are all hugely valued. Individuals who enjoy idea generation, asking ‘why’ as well as ‘how’, and want to be part of a team engineering energy solutions for the future will certainly thrive here.
To find out more, visit: http://www.faradion.co.uk
About the role:
As a new member of the Faradion team, you’ll be joining a lively research environment that already has graduates in place, and collaborating with technicians, engineers and senior scientists on a daily basis. To give you an idea of your daily activities, you might be:
- Designing and implementing the methodology required for increasing material synthesis production from lab-scale to kilograms
- Working with the Material Synthesis team to optimise the process to maintain output to the desired material properties
- Developing the QC procedures to ensure consistent and reproducible material output throughout the process line
- Working with the engineering team to ensure material supply for coatings to be incorporated into Na-ion Batteries
- You’ll have an Meng/MSc in Chemical or Process Engineering, or a closely related field
- Ideally, you’ll have practical experience of scaling up processes from lab-level to demonstrator-level
- You’ll have experience of maintaining a process line
- You’ll be comfortable adhering to QC procedures
- Ideally, you’ll have at least 5 years of industrial experience, and experience of process lines for material synthesis scale-up
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Start date: July/August 2017
Salary: Competitive/negotiable based on experience
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Amy Collins: email@example.com by 9am on Tuesday 11th July 2017, and clearly specify which role you are applying for.
Please ensure that your covering letter outlines any skills and experience relevant to the activities described above, and specifies why you’re interested in joining the team at Faradion.