Battery R&D Technician (3 vacancies)
Faradion Limited is a leader in the development of next generation rechargeable batteries for the utility, automotive and consumer sectors. It has established research and development facilities at two UK sites, Oxford and Sheffield, has a growing IP portfolio and a committed team of scientists and engineers.
The company is leading a recently established consortium to develop a Sodium-ion battery for solar storage; this is a really exciting time for Faradion and shows the interest and drive in the market for further energy storage applications. Additionally, another Faradion partnership has just received £1.3 million to significantly reduce the cost of electric vehicle batteries by using cheaper sodium-ion technology.
To aid this research and development, they are seeking inquisitive minds, committed researchers and Chemistry professionals to grow and sustain the innovative environment at Faradion. Currently a team of 15, joining staff can expect an environment where deep thinking, academic creativity and novel approaches are all hugely valued. Individuals who enjoy idea generation, asking ‘why’ as well as ‘how’, and want to be part of a team engineering energy solutions for the future will certainly thrive here.
To find out more, visit: http://www.faradion.co.uk
About the role:
This is a lab technician role and you’ll be joining Faradion alongside two other individuals in the same position. To give you an idea of your daily activities, you might be:
- Working with the responsible scientist to carefully produce Sodium Ion battery cells for research and testing purposes
- Getting involved with the production of battery cells from start to finish, producing coatings, electrode preparation, electrode stacking, cell packaging, electrolyte filling, and cell formation and testing
- Reporting critical production feedback to help assist with the optimisation of the production process
- Scale up and optimisation of novel battery materials, including materials synthesis and characterisation
- Optimising battery performance through identifying and resolving problems
- Examining and evaluating battery electrochemical cycling test data as well as ex-situ diagnostic studies
- You’ll have a STEM or Technical degree, though Chemistry would be preferred, or equivalent experience in an R&D environment
- You’ll have excellent attention to detail and be keen to accurately capture the parameters of experiments you’re conducting
- You’ll be working with others and so be committed to working in a safe and conscientious manner
- You’ll have some laboratory or production experience, either in a commercial organisation or through University
- Ideally you’ll have experience with battery materials, inert atmosphere glove box procedures, and electrochemical techniques
- You’ll be willing to travel for occasional national and international excursions, if required
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Start date: July/August 2017
Salary: Competitive/negotiable based on experience
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Amy Collins: email@example.com by 9am on Tuesday 11th July 2017, and clearly specify which role you are applying for.
Please ensure that your covering letter outlines any skills and experience relevant to the activities described above, and specifies why you’re interested in joining the team at Faradion.
Apply for Battery R&D Technician (3 vacancies)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly