New Business Executive
The Royal Society of Chemistry has an opportunity for a New Business Executive to join us on a permanent basis. As New Business Executive, you will report to our New Business Manager and work with our New Business team to support the RSC’s new product / service development programme for significant new and innovative products and services including acquisitions.
You will be based in Cambridge but some national and international travel will be required to attend major conferences as well as potential partner meetings. Some flexibility in working hours may be required, to manage fluctuations in workload, travel commitments, and project priorities.
Your accountabilities will also include:
- Analysing the RSC’s strategy and directorate plans, supporting the development of new opportunities and exploiting the existing RSC product / service portfolio.
- Supporting the development of new products and services in response to customer needs and from an understanding of market trends and competitor activity relevant to RSC.
- Collaborating effectively with other functions within the RSC to optimise opportunities for innovative products, services, technology and licensing.
- Providing analysis to support the assessment of the strategic and financial case for projects to progress to the more detailed Business Case stage.
- Providing mechanisms to help identify prospective partnerships and acquisition opportunities and ensure that these align with the broader charitable aims of the RSC.
- Supporting the preparation of business cases and plans and their progress through the governance process.
- Working as part of cross-functional project teams to develop and implement new products and services and providing relevant performance metrics / KPIs to assess efficacy.
- Representing the RSC externally and ensuring that the organisation is promoted effectively to customers and stakeholders.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrable ability to translate customer needs and ideas/opportunities into proposals / business cases and to support the development of business plans for new products / services and investment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage effectively, and obtain support from other internal departments and stakeholders, as well as external contacts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An analytical approach with attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Collaborative and flexible approach to team-work.
- Demonstrable experience of project management.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
A physical sciences degree or similar qualification. Knowledge of the STM Publishing landscape. Financial numeracy and commercial acumen.
The Royal Society of Chemistry also offers an excellent benefits package: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits. If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.