Field Support Chemist
This role is a hands on role, you will be capable of working as part of a team as well as with minimum supervision. You will be expected to perform laboratory assessments to evaluate and recommend products for oilfield integrity, flow assurance and hydrocarbon processing challenges. Evaluates chemical performances in field trials and supports research and development projects. This role is predominately laboratory based with occasional field trips when required.
BSc in Chemistry or equivalent Science Degree
The ideal candidates should have experience in a laboratory setting and be confident with report writing. He/she will be enthusiastic, organised and work well as part of a team. He/she shall demonstrate initiative and ownership of projects.
2 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment with offshore experience is preferable but not essential.
Other Skills: Be Task driven, organised, Microsoft office, Good Report writing skills. Ability to travel worldwide.
Core Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Performs laboratory assessments to evaluate the performance of corrosion, scale, wax and asphaltene inhibitors for field applications.
- Evaluates demulsifier and deoiler performances.
- Undertakes Research and Development projects.
- Compiles comprehensive reports detailing laboratory work undertaken with defined conclusions and recommendations
- Technical support for the Production team
- Leads field trials of chemical applications offshore and inland locations worldwide.
- Any other laboratory duties as required
- Basic training for the evaluation of oilfield production chemicals will be provided where required.
- The holder of this position reports to: Technical Manager
Applications to include your full Curriculum Vitae.