Fantastic opportunity if you are looking to return to work after a career break. This 6 months part time opportunity (or 3 months full time) will provide you with a very high level of training in the measurement of for example particle size distribution, zeta potential and rheological properties. Once trained you will work with our scientists on real customer analytical projects, and to deliver key R&D projects and materials processing work. This may include the manufacture of inks and emulsions, and possibly include the micronisation of pharmaceutical active ingredients (API). Upon completion of the internship you will be highly trained and employable and it is hoped that a position with escubed will be offered
Essential: BSc in Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
Desirable: MChem/other masters, PhD and/or industrial experience
Experience and Skills required
- General knowledge and understanding of core principles of particle science & engineering (facts, concepts, principles and theories).
- Understands the purpose of performing experiments and has a basic level of technical skills and competence in a laboratory environment
- Capable of operating instrumentation with supervision
- Able to understand and carry-out experiments following instruction.
- Proficient user of Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Able to quickly learn new software packages and instrument-specific software.
- Effective oral and written communication
- An understanding of the importance of adhering to the HSE requirements within a laboratory environment
- Team player and problem solver who is not afraid to use their initiative
- Attention to detail and follows routine procedures and recognises their purpose
- Interest in practical, experimental science and an inquisitive nature
Please summit a CV and a covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role.
For an informal discussion of the role please contact Dr Simon Lawson firstname.lastname@example.org or 01937 206206.
escubed is a chemistry based SME. It is a vibrant and dynamic company working at the forefront of technology and specialises in the measurement of the physical properties (e.g. particle size distribution, specific surface area, zeta potential, rheology etc) of particulate systems.
About the funding
The Royal Society of Chemistry is funding internships and returnerships as part our small companies programme, EnterprisePlus. This particular role is most suitable for those who have had a career break. Please ensure that you hold a Chemistry degree and are eligible to work in the UK. Successful applicants will be required to join the Royal Society of Chemistry, which also makes you eligible for careers support. A 50% discount is available to those with income of less than £26,000. http://www.rsc.org/membership-and-community/join/#reduced-rates
No agencies please.