- Full Time
You will work with colleagues across departments, divisions and member groups, and liaise with external stakeholders to advance excellence in the chemical sciences within the UK, at a European level and more globally in support of the RSC’s strategy.
You will work within a team of Science specialists and your role will include supporting the RSC Divisions and their Division Council meetings, managing the Undergraduate Research Bursary scheme and development of international engagement and wider Science Team projects.
You will be based at our Cambridge Science Park office, with flexibility around start and finish times and some home working possible, within a full time week. Occasional travel within the UK and internationally will also be required, to support the delivery of science programmes and objectives.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists and the world’s leading chemistry community. We are a prestigious not-for-profit publishing and knowledge business, educating future generations of scientists, for the benefit of science and humanity.
You will have:
- Background in or an appreciation of the chemical sciences.
- Customer focussed approach with excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, negotiation, presentation, etc.), project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of multifunctional teams and on own.
- Good IT skills and abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in communication of science to non-specialist audiences.
- Background in or an appreciation of science policy.
- Background in or an appreciation of the international chemical science landscape.
This role is available on a 12 month maternity cover basis. At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will reward your contribution with an excellent pro rata benefits package.
If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible before the end of our closing date.