Artios Pharma is currently recruiting a Medicinal Chemist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a new, dynamic small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a small research team within this innovative and expanding company. Reporting to the Head of Chemistry your primary responsibility will be leading external synthetic and medicinal chemistry teams on projects within the Artios portfolio, at all stages of the drug discovery process. These projects will often be in new and challenging target classes with little or no literature precedent. In this arena, you will be expected to creatively apply your knowledge and experience to solve complex medicinal and synthetic chemistry problems. You will also have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Synthetic/Medicinal Chemistry or BSc/MSc in Chemistry with extensive experience
- Proven track record of innovation and creativity in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery
- Experience of providing scientific leadership and management to chemistry teams in a collaborative environment
Key Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry
- Up-to-date knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles
- Thorough knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Ability to assimilate and analyse complex data sets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent role offering an attractive Salary & Benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 30th May 2017
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you