2 days left
- Full Time
Concept Life Sciences Group provides early phase drug discovery services to the pharmaceutical industry as well as R&D support to the diagnostic, petrochemical and materials industries.
As a company, we have a single aim: to accelerate our customers’ discovery initiatives through innovation. By applying our renowned skills for problem-solving and open communications, Concept’s scientists pride themselves on seizing the initiative and providing the energy, skill and creativity needed to help fulfil project objectives.
Based in two UK locations: Sandwich (Kent) and Chapel-en-le-Frith (Derbyshire), our workforce contains skilled scientists across several disciplines and comprises one of the largest chemistry groups in the UK.
Concept Life Sciences has a permanent full time opportunity for a Research Leader at its Sandwich site, reporting to the Head of Chemistry. We would welcome applications from individuals with a background in the drug discovery industry gained from within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO.
- Highly skilled organic chemistry experimentalist able to perform challenging syntheses and purifications. Gives expert guidance and mentoring in experimental techniques to more junior colleagues when required
- Collaboration with both internal and external groups to enable smooth running of medicinal chemistry programmes
- Project management of customers medicinal chemistry programmes and oversees other customers medicinal chemistry programmes
- As part of the management team will work closely with the sales and marketing team providing technical support as and when required
- Responsibilities also include driving continuous improvement initiatives, H and S leadership and accountability, recruitment and external presentation of science
- PhD or degree in chemistry plus relevant experience in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry
- Considerable experience in the drug discovery industry gained from within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO
- Proven track record in leading medicinal chemistry programmes within a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO
With over 100 chemists, Concept’s employees are the foundation to our success.
Concept Life Sciences offers a competitive starting salary, structured career progression and the opportunity to make a real difference. We are proud to play a part in your personal career development, supporting you step-by-step throughout your professional growth. Benefits include flexible working hours, Cigna dental care, Bupa private healthcare, employee benefits programme, life insurance, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and a cycle to work scheme. A discretionary relocation package is also available.
To find out more about Concept Life Sciences please visit us at www.conceptlifesciences.com
If you want to join our exciting growing business, please send a copy of your CV and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Research Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly